As beautiful as it is, winter can become a tad bit (how shall I put it?) … depressing. When you add the fact that we’re all feeding off of each other’s energy we’re almost guaranteed to feel something of what we know as the winter blues.
It’s almost over! I wouldn’t like to assume that there isn’t at least one more snowfall in the not too distant future but it is the final stretch! It’s almost time to put away our favourite winter woolies and take out our fine summer frocks.
We don’t have to wait to feel reenergized again. If you’ve been feeling a little low over the recent months here are 5 awesome and easy ways to get your mojo going again.
1. Wear bright colours. Isn’t it funny the way that we’re bright and vibrant in the summer months and then when winter rolls around we hide ourselves in blacks, browns and grays? There is something to be said about chromotherapy (the art of healing with colour – more about that to come). Ever wondered why you feel a little different when you wear particular colours or why you’re drawn to specific colours when you’re in a mood? Colours make a difference. In order to jump start your energy start wearing brighter colours like yellow, orange or red. Adding colour can be done in many different ways from your outer garments to jewelry, scarves or even your underwear!
2. Eat more fresh fruit and veg! This goes with pretty much everything. The more fresh vitamins in your body, the more awake and alive you will feel. Not to mention all of the other great benefits there are to fresh goodies from mother nature. Berries are always a good place to start, as are dark greens like kale or spinach – dark green veggies are rich in chlorophyll which I like to call sun juice. Chlorophyll is rich in vitamins and does wonders for your insides! Also, try to limit the amount of stimulants you have, for example coffee or tea, they boost you for a while only to bring you down too, you’re better off getting a boost from fruits and veggies.
3. Get outside! I say this not only because it’s getting warmer, but also because being in the sun can enhance your mood. The sun encourages our bodies to produce vitamin D and vitamin D is known to help with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). It’s also good to get moving and get some fresh air in your body, a change of scenery shakes things up too.
4. This one goes hand in hand with number three. Get moving! It’s common knowledge that exercise produces endorphins and endorphins make you feel good. Getting your heart pumping and your blood flowing also increases and opens up the energy flow in your body. When your energy flow increases, you feel more balanced, more joyful and more connected to your body and what’s around you. And if that’s not enough of a reason to get out and get your body moving then do it for the greater good! Since we all feed off of one another’s energy, when we’re producing endorphins and feeling good we’re putting good vibes into the atmosphere! Who can argue with that?
5. Do something you’ve never done before! There’s nothing like doing something outside of your comfort zone to shake things up. Take part in a flash mob, learn something new, join a new class! These are also great ways to meet people too. Take a walk on the wild side!
6. I know I said 5 things but I’m on a bit of a roll here and why not give you a bit extra? Try incorporating stimulating scents into your day whether it’s by using essential oils in your home, or oils and perfume on your body. Using invigorating scents awakens your energy. Smells like peppermint, cinnamon, clove or citrus smells like lemon and grapefruit, even basil has a stimulating effect!
Using some or all of these tips will definitely boost your mojo and have you feeling like more energized in this last stretch of winter and before you know it, it’ll be summer!
If you have any comments or feedback, or any wonderful tips that you know work for you, feel free to drop me a line, or leave me a note.
Sending you oodles of mojo-waking love and light!